Mediating disputes ranging from torts to complex business and securities matters, with hundreds of cases completed, and very few not settled.
Practicing law since 1971, my experience is very varied, covering business management and decades of corporate law practice, including many years as general counsel of a major financial services company.
Experience includes negotiation and operational matters involving:
- Corporate governance
- Securities investments and disputes
- Finance and leasing of major income producing assets such as aircraft, rolling stock, wind and solar power assets, and other machinery and equipment
- Consumer finance
- International and domestic tax benefitted transactions
- Insurance and reinsurance transactions
- Secured and unsecured financings of tangible and intangible assets
- Real estate acquisition, leasing and financing
- Construction financing and disputes
- Employment matters
- Litigation relating to all of the above
- Mediation and arbitration of cases involving disputes concerning personal injury, securities, and contract matters of many kinds
Mediator for FINRA, several Illinois Counties, ADR Systems of America, LLC, Director of International Academy of Dispute Resolution. Member of Executive Committee of the Association of Attorney Mediators.
Co-Designer and presenter of CLE qualified course on mediation, lecturer on mediation at DePaul Law School, the Chicago Bar Association, and other venues.
Arbitrator for FINRA and several Illinois Counties. Arbitrations have involved many different kinds of cases, ranging from personal injury to very complex securities and contract disputes. Arbitration involves applying judgement to determine liability and damages. My many years of business and law experience, with exposure to a vast array of transactions and disputes, puts me in a unique position to render fair and prompt rulings.