Mr. Pohlman is a partner in the Vorys Columbus office and a member of the litigation group. His work has focused on general commercial litigation with emphasis on insurance-coverage disputes, securities and corporate law, class actions and other complex litigation.
Career highlights include:
- Obtaining jury verdict in excess of $20 million in a commercial contract dispute
- Securing insurance coverage for clients ranging from multi-national corporations to non-profit organizations under a variety of insurance policies
- Defending corporations and accounting firms in securities class actions
Mr. Pohlman is a Life Member of the Sixth Circuit Judicial Conference as well as a member of the Federal Bar Association, the American Bar Association, the Ohio State Bar Association, and the Columbus Bar Association.
Mr. Pohlman has presented seminars on trial advocacy techniques and insurance coverage issues.
Mr. Pohlman received his J.D. with honors from The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law where he was a Managing Editor of The Ohio State Law Journal and his B.A. from Oberlin College.
Mr. Pohlman clerked for The Honorable James P. Churchill, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan.
Professional and Community Activities
- The Ohio Foundation of Independent Colleges, Trustee, 2003-present
- Columbus Bar Association, Fee Arbitration Committee
- Children's Hunger Alliance, Chairman, Vice-Chairman, Secretary and Board Member, 2005-2011
- Franklin County United Way, Education Vision Council, Chair, 1998-2002